This project will formalize, experiment and assess a European TuToring process tailored for the
new professionals who plan to work in the Psychiatric and Mental Health field.
We notice a shortage of practitioners, nurses, nursing auxiliaries and psychiatrists in the mental
health sector. Furthermore, professionals tend to quit prematurely the profession and tend to ask
for several career adjustments. Finally our population pyramid will lead us in the near future
through a massive retirement of professionals and the replacement is not guaranteed.
3. Plan of action
Young employees will be asked to take part in a 3-years tutoring process. Guided by an experienced
tutor, they will benefit from the trans-generational expertise handover. Moreover, visits of several
European excellence centers will be suggested. Through academic training but also by placing the
person in professional situations in different workplaces around Europe, the professional will
improve their skills and knowledge. To understand the mental health sector’s special feature and
the professionals training, we pool seasoned professionals’ field experiences and professional
situations with the users. This project combines didactic capabilities; tutoring process, but also
teaching and university courses with a practical background; personal contact with the professionals
and the users.
- Increase the level of expertise of the young employees ;
- Enhance the attractiveness of the professions related to the Mental Health ;
- Impact on the motivation of the junior and senior professionals and reduce absenteeism ;
- Create a link between the generations via a formal and non-formal transfer of skills ;
- Make the socio-professional integration of the young employees easier ;
- Counterbalance widespread retirement provoked by an ageing workforce ;
- Propose numerous, flexible and quality job opportunities to the trainees.
Step I : from July 2014 until February 2015.
Partnership formalisation ;
Program ajustement ;
Step II : from March 2015 until February 2017.
Experiment implementation ;
Professionals transfer ;
Step III : from January 2017 until August 2017.
Final assessment ;
Analysis of the transfer possibilities ;
Dissemination of the intellectual outputs.
6. Intellectual outputs
- A recommendation document guiding the implementation of this Tutoring process includes preliminary experience reports and legislative aspects ;;
- A handbook listing the steps of the process and giving the instructions in order to ensure the best possible settlement. It will be completed with a mobile and useful tool helping the follow-up of the process ;
- An assessment report of the project that will delimit the strengths and the weaknesses with a synthesis of the expertise and a description of the specific skills ;
- A scientific article published in a specialized journal assessing this experiment ;
- A sociological essay dedicated to the junior health professionals.
This project also aims for the consolidation of a European network of centres specialized in psychiatry and mental health. The Haute Ecole de la Province de Namur will deliver in 2017 6 ECTS credits to the young professionals.
Thanks to the Erasmus+ funding, as organizer, CNP St-Martin has to manage a 265.600 euros budget and its distribution among partners in order to lead to the complete achievement of the project.
Sending and receiving partners
- AGAPSY, Sucy en Brie, France
- Asociacion Salut Mental, Elche, Spain
- Centre Neuropsychiatrique Saint-Martin, Dave, Belgium
- Kepsipi, Athens, Greece
- LIH, Luxembourg Institute of Health, Luxembourg, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Universitätsmedizin Rostock, Rostock, Germany
- AGC Salud Mental Ärea VI, Arriondas, Spain
- Association APRES, Association pour la réinsertion Sociale, Toulouse, France
- Association de Prévention Soins et Insertion, APSI, Créteil, France
- Association de Prévention Soins et Insertion, APSI, Sucy-en-Brie, France
- Association for Regional Development and Mental Health, Athens, Greece
- Association Icare-La-Bergerie, Chevigny-Saint-Sauveur, France
- Association Isatis, Aix en Provence, France Association Isatis, Digne Les Bains, France
- Association Route Nouvelle Alsace, Strasbourg, France
- Centre Hospitalier Neuro-Psychiatrique, Ettelbruck, Grand-Duché de Luxembourg
- Centre Hospitalier Saint-Jean de Dieu, ARHM, Soins accompagnement Recherche, Lyon, France
- Fondation Trajets, Les Acacias, Switzerlan
- Foyer d’Accueil Médicalisé Tamaris, Villejuif, France
- Hôpitaux Universitaires de Genève, Département de santé mentale et de psychiatrie, Genève, Switzerland
- Œuvre Falret, Paris, France
- PEPSAEE, Panhellenic Organisation for Psychosocial Rehabilitation and Vocational Integration, Athens, Greece
- Sava Itineraire bis, SAVS service d'accompagnement à la vie sociale, Mordelless, Franc
- Sjúkrahusið á Akureyri, Teaching Hospital Akureyri, Akureyri, Iceland
- Society of Social Psychiatry and Mental Health, Etairia Koinonikis Psixiatrikis Kai Psixikis Ygeias, Athens, Greece
- Universitatea Aurel Vlaicu Arad, Facultatea de Stiinte ale Educatiei, Psihologie si Asistenta Sociala, Arad, Romania
- Vâstra Götalandsregionen Södra älvsborgs Sjukhus, Borås, Sweden
- Haute Ecole de la Province de Namur, Namur, Belgique